Getting Found On Maps and Directories
Google is nearly at the critical mass number of 50% of all search queries coming from mobile, so its now, more than ever, important to make sure that you have your directory listing and other “citations” correctly setup.
- Did you know that:
- Four out of five people use search engines on smartphones, tablets and desktops computers to find local information, like business hours and addresses, and recent Google research shows that businesses with complete listings are twice as likely to be considered reputable by customers.
- When searching on a smartphone 54% were looking for opening hours, 53% for directions and 50% were looking for a local shops address.
- Compare this with desktop search where 45% were checking the availability of a product at a local shop, 42% the opening hours and 38% a local shops address.
- Google’s study also showed that Local searches or location based search lead to more purchases than non-local searches, with over 18% of local smartphone searches leading to a purchase within a day compared to 7% of non-local searches, so the ROI is there if your prepared to give local search a go.
- 50% of consumers who conducted a local search on their smartphone visited a store within a day, and 34% who searched on computer/tablet did the same.
- According to the ABS there are 2,100,162 actively trading businesses in Australia in June 2014, yet according to Google only 37 percent of businesses have claimed a local business listing on a search engine, in Australia there are ten critical ones that can stop you being found locally on Google and other search engine and other directory sites such as Yelp.
- That’s a lot of missed opportunities for small businesses with over 1,323,102 not having yet claimed a vital listing for their company.
We can help with our “Get Me On Google” packages.
- Directory Optimisation Pack – This sorts out the top five Directories in Australia for your business
- Citation Audits – This determines what other directories your listed on and shows you whether the data is accurate or not.
- Citation Audit Implementation – Fixes the issues found in the Citation audit
You can read more about these below.